Everything started with a new color...



Since Mr. Danita is not home and my parents are home visiting me and my father is a very handy man, I said to him that I wanted to re-paint the studio. When I told my husband he gave me that "Are you crazy?!" look and I think he actually said that words. If you have seen pictures of my happy place you can understand why he said that. But I was tired of the pale blue on the walls and wanted something more me... aqua was perfect! But just thinking about moving EVERYTHING and then putting it back again in it's place makes me wonder what was I thinking when I said to my dad: Can you help me paint my studio?


I know where I got the craziness from, because he said yes! I definitely thought that he was going to say no because he's always complaining that I have too much stuff in one little place (which I do... how can I accumulate so much stuff in so little time?). So we have been moving and cleaning and painting... and since we're already moving everything I thought it may be a good idea to change a few things around.

For example, the bookcase on the right originally was on the wall with windows, in it's place there was a black bookcase that I didn't like so I moved the white one to the place where the black was and I got rid of the black one. I also want to move the big table on the center against the windows and I needed the space.


I also got rid of the jewelry table and now I'm wondering where I'm going to put all that stuff...

Things are everywhere (and this picture was taken before we finished painting half of the room, imagine how it is now!).

And here's my corner before...

And here's after, almost ready. There's still many things to do but so far I'm loving it! I feel I will have more space to work and things feel more organized and comfortable to work with. I'll keep working on it and I'll show you the progress soon. I can't wait for everything to be in place again so I can work again with so many ideas that are popping into my head with the new space! I already feel the creative energy flowing and building up...

So far, what do you think?

Comments

thepear said…
It looks wonderful. I'm so glad I'm not the only 'mixed media collector"!!! A girl has to have lots of good stuff at her fingertips, right!? Love the color you painted. You're going to feel so creative when you get back in there.
Hi Danita! My workroom is aqua and white, too! I have been organizing it all day today! Isn't it fun to have a better arranged place to create?! Enjoy! Kathy
Unknown said…
It does look great. I'd love a space like that. =D
jacqueline said…
Dearest sweet Danita, i really do adore your studio so so much! It's so inspiring just looking at all the wonderful collection you have going on there! Loving the new color of wall! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to yoU!
Cindy said…
I think your happy space is going to be just so special for you when you're done! I love how it's looking now.

Hugs XX
Barbara
Wow, quite a job but gorgeous color and what an inspiring place!
Clare said…
the colour of the walls - stunning. i need a dad like yours - he sounds like he is full of fun. i think that as creative beings our work space is very personal, almost sacred and the space can't conform to any rules, if it truly is a creative space!
andrea creates said…
great color-and such a handy.helpful dad :)
Oliviakul6 said…
Hi Danita. You have a wonderful and inspirational studio. No wonder you make so much cool stuff!!!! :D
Artsy Matilda said…
I am currently going through a redo in my studio as well, only it's my husband who is being the supportive good sport! It's quite a job but so wonderful. And I've found all kinds of things I'd forgotten about! Happy creating!
just discovered you out of the blue, and i am loving discovering your world and your work... xo sandra
Ana. said…
I think that your atelier will be very cute!!! I love your creations!!!! Excuse, my English is very bad.

A greeting from Spain
Ana.
Cara Carmina said…
wooooow you brave girl!!!! (que miedooooo) and applauses to your great father!!!! it looks wonderful! :D
Diana said…
I SO need to do something with my room as well.. i love the shelving unit all around!!!! great colour!!! can't wait to see the rest of the room!
Jeanne said…
Danita, your new studio color looks great! Wherever did you get those Charlotte vases that you have your paint brushes in? They are adorable!
xo
jeanne

Popular Posts